[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Where is the Fuse for the Subwoofer Located?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Where is the Fuse for the Subwoofer Located?

Where is the Fuse for the Subwoofer Located?

Postby ridetopless83 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:02 pm

I have blown my sub like most, and would like to pull the fuse out for the sub if possible until I can upgrade. Is this possible to do with out meesing up the rest of the sound System, and if so where is the fuse located. I can not find it in my Manual. Please Advise 2003 SLE convertible
ridetopless83
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 pm

just unplug the sub wires
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Fuse

Postby D-money » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

there should be one lokated within 12 inches of the batt term
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:03 pm

aftermarket or stock?

if it's aftermarket, then there should be an in-line fuse on the power wire.

and unless i'm mistaken, the gen 1/1.5 did not come stock with a subwoofer (if it did, please let me know, so i can remove mine).

as far as gen 1 speakers, i thought there were two tweeters, two front door speakers, and two rear deck lid speakers. i'm rocking a 99 SLE with JBL. maybe because yours is a convertable, it came with the sub....?

i installed aftermarket subs, and my fuses are located on the amp itself (as well as having a fuse inline from the battery power source). if your sub came with your stock sound system, then i can't help you, and you probably have to ask someone with a convertable.

or you can do like ruski suggested, and just pull out the subwoofer signal wires, which should do the trick (and save you that fuse).
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 pm

There is no separate fuse for the subwoofer on the gen1 convertibles...if you dont want it anymore...you'll have to manually disconnect it. Its connected to the stock JBL amp, so if you pull the fuse for that, then you wont get sound at all.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5