[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sounds Set Up :: REVAMPING?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Sounds Set Up :: REVAMPING?

Sounds Set Up :: REVAMPING?

Postby illstylez » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Sound Set Up :: REVAMPING?

Hey got a question. Did a search but still had a few unanswered
questions and wanted some opinions from you guys.

I have the following sub enclosure set up:

I was thinking about 1. reversing the firing direction to see how that would work in my box ( magnets on the inside vs how it is now ) and see if the bass would resonate a bit better. I was also thinking about 2. bridging the subs and 3. adding poly fill to the ported part of the enclosure.

What to you all think. 1, 2, 3, a combination of, or none of the above? Im just looking for a bit of thunder on the outside i have it inside but not enough resonation :lol: on the exterior. Yes I like to wake my neighbors (joke joke) but seriously any input on what Im thinking about? See my Specs below:

Alpine CDA9885 HU
• Rockford Fostgate Punch 801S
-2400 Watts Amplifier Type Dual Channel
-RMS Power at 4 Ohms 200 W x 2
-RMS Power at 2 Ohms 400 W x 2

• Sony XPlods (Sony XS-L121P5)
Max Power (W): 1200
Max Power (RMS, W): 350
Sensitivity (dB/W/m): 89
Freq. Resp.: (Hz) 18 - 2k
Impedance (Ohms): 4
Kentel " Ill " Styles
Chicago IL,
99' Solara Since 2007
" The best way to predict the future is to create it! "
illstylez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ilovemylara » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:45 pm

wow.. nice set up. If you are looking for more bass resonation outside the car then turn the speakers around, I would keep the ports though.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby illstylez » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:19 pm

bump?
Kentel " Ill " Styles
Chicago IL,
99' Solara Since 2007
illstylez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby illstylez » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:03 pm

bump
Kentel " Ill " Styles
Chicago IL,
99' Solara Since 2007
illstylez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:05 pm

get a different box. something that has a slot port , maybe a q logic box or if you have a buddy with a table saw...make one.

typical bandpass enclosures are one note wonders and never get that low.
I run a sealed 12 with 1000w into it and it slams. shakes the car and very faintly heard by the neighbors.

switching the subs wont do much since the enclosure is the same and mechanically the same.

but thats just my 2 cents
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:35 pm

+1 to another box. Bandpass boxes are notoriously limited when it comes to quality bass reproduction.

Personally if i were you, if it were in my budget, I'd sell those Sony's, and get yourself some decent subs like Alpine Type-R's. Put those in a sealed, or slot-ported box, and then you'd be waking all your neighbors, and sounding good while you do it.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby D-money » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:54 pm

I have to agree the band pass box cant hit all the sub notes. personally i would go with a sealed box mine hits so hard it has knocked my rearview morror off a couple of times while listining to metallica.I have tried every type of enclosure in my lara and the sealed box is what gives my the hardest punch to the heart.I couldnt get that from the band pass.for that box that you have you would have to seal up the ports and remove the plexi glass to get the best all around sound.
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby illstylez » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Yeah i am really tired of the sonys. They used to hit hard as hell in my old car. but i had a huge ass box. Ill start with replacing the subs when i get the budget up. Thanks for the input guys.
Kentel " Ill " Styles
Chicago IL,
99' Solara Since 2007
illstylez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Manny1337 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:18 pm

if youre looking for quality subs or amps these are hand made and are amazing. http://www.audioque.com/aq/index.htm
Manny1337
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 00Solara09 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:11 am

If you wire the subs to a 2 Ohm load, you would get more power based on the specs that you have there. As long as the subs can handle it. I would do that definately, if you aren't getting enough power to them now. Looking again though, it doesn't look like the subs can handle a 2 ohm load, so you may be better off getting new subs too then.
00Solara09
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5