[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I want BASS without new H/U
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

I want BASS without new H/U

I want BASS without new H/U

Postby sarki » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Sup guys, Heres my problem i have my old amp/box in my garage and i've been thinking of putting it in the Lara. Simple right, wrong! I dont want to change the H/U. Do i need a Hi/Low converter??? How do i install this thing in the car. Does anyone have any experience with this??? Pics would be awesome!! BTW its a 03 and i dont know if the stock JBL amps in the back of the glove box.

Thank you for being the best part of SG.org. :P
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby D-money » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:46 pm

when i had my stock hu i just tapped into the rear speaker for the signal source.they do make a converter for about 25 bucks but i just adjusted the gain on the amp and it sounded fine
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby gnegroni » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Wasn't there a special speaker you could just tuck under the seats for extra bass without having to setup amps and stuff?
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:13 pm

yeah they make line output converters for tapping into the factory signals, it has to be soldered in. If you've never done this before, you might want to let a pro do it. Who that is, can be up to you. Said and done $50-60 at the most, plus you have to run RCAs and power to the sub amp... but you should do this yourself, since power can go down the drivers side trim and signal/rca down the passenger side.

good luck with the start of your audio journey, I would say save up and get a headunit and not waste money on the output converter. The amp in a decent headunit will sound better than the jbl factory one. Think Alpine or Pioneer for this, 50Wx4.
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:16 pm

Buy crack.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby sarki » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:09 pm

---CAMRAZY--- wrote:Buy crack.

Thats where all my money go's anyway!!! JK. Funk it, new H/U here i come!
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:57 am

Don't buy crack, buy ICE! And yes they are both addictive.
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:08 am

It is actually pretty simple. Run your power cable from the battery...pick a solid ground. Instead of a "remote" wire...you'll use an accessory wire, perhaps the simplest one to find would be at your cigarette lighter up front.
After that, use a high/low converter to give you your RCA signal.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sarki » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:02 pm

Let me ask you guys this. If i get a new head unit, do i bipass the stock amp for the JBL system and let the h/u power the speakers? Or do i use the harness and plug it through the amp??
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby D-money » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:22 pm

yes you will bipass the stock amp you dont need it the new hu will have one built in.you will need a reverse harness that connects the output of your new hu to what was the out put of the stock amp you will need to cut the amp input plug off to wire in the reverse harness .if you cannot find a reverse harness you can hard wire your new hu direct to all speakers
ImageImage
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chewie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:51 am

I got a new head unit from Crutchfield that came with a wiring harness. All I had to do was unplug the stock radio from the harness that connects it to the amp and then connect those wires to the new radio. Very easy process that bypassed the stock amp entirely.
Chewie
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby D-money » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 am

nice
ImageImage
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby sarki » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Chewie wrote:I got a new head unit from Crutchfield that came with a wiring harness. All I had to do was unplug the stock radio from the harness that connects it to the amp and then connect those wires to the new radio. Very easy process that bypassed the stock amp entirely.

Thats very cool. Thanks for telling me. My cuzin ordered his h/u from Crutchfield. He was very happy too. I'll check it out. Thanks for the help guys.
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5