[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Positive/ Negative wires on subwoofer?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Positive/ Negative wires on subwoofer?

Positive/ Negative wires on subwoofer?

Postby ridetopless83 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I got the morel 9" sub to replace the factory one. Just to let anyone know, not a drop in, must make adapter ring. Anyhow wen to hook up and old speaker is double coil this is single. I need to know which is positive and negative. There is a green, red, yellow, and black wiring. If anyone knows this would be a great help, or if someone can point me in the right directions of a wiring diagram for an 03 solara convertible. Thanks.
ridetopless83
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BLACK V6 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:40 pm

I think, note I THINK (so don't hold me to it) that the black and green wires will be negatives while the red and yellow will be positive. Again, dont go do your installation off of me lol, because im not sure if that is accurate. Can anyone back me up on this?
2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 pm

There will be 4 wires coming from the factory harness. Each pair carries its own signal, so you'll only be using ONE pair.

Polarity wont be too much of a concern for you since you're only going to be running a single sub/single voice coil setup.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

doubled up

Postby ridetopless83 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 pm

I think I have it right now, but have both sets of wires hooked up as one. Will that do any damage or hurt sounds quality? The sub sounds good as a factorry replacment with minor mods. Not huge bass hitting, but good sound.
ridetopless83
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5