[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer Replace 2000 Solara Convertible
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Subwoofer Replace 2000 Solara Convertible

Subwoofer Replace 2000 Solara Convertible

Postby QBert » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:43 am

I am looking for ideas for a subwoofer replacement. Need to know what size it is, and what have others replaced it with that doesn't require any new enclosure. And how was the stock wiring handle with the new woofer. I bought an 8" JBL but didn't fit hole nor did it fit in the enclosure. I realized I need a small depth woofer. The other thing I noticed was the wiring was all odd. I didn't see any + or - slots, just 4 wires with a clip to the rest of the system. How is this tackled? I saw in other posts that someone had purchased the 8" JL Audio W1. Will the fit the stock whole which appears to be a larger whole, around 8.5" to 9" in diameter. Does any one have any ideas with just staying stock, and hardly any modifications needed?
QBert
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:02 am

You can theoretically use a spacer and get the sub you bought to fit. It won't sound good unless the sub you purchased was designed for free-air use. The factory box is more of a mount than an actual enclosure.

The 4-wire plug is there because the stock sub has 2 voice coils. Most subs that size only have one.

My advice is to either get a stock replacement part, or upgrade to a single 10" sub in a small sealed box. Unfortunately there arent too many GOOD options with regards to keeping the stock sub. It depends on the type of sound you're looking for.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5