[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replaced HU - Can I use the remaining Subwoofer?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Replaced HU - Can I use the remaining Subwoofer?

Replaced HU - Can I use the remaining Subwoofer?

Postby raerae28 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:57 am

I replaced the headunit in my girlfriends Solara at Xmas, she is of course now saying...wheres my bass? can I reuse the Solara Sub? Should I buy a 99 bazooka tube from Best buy?

Boyfriend of Girlfriend with Solara
R.
raerae28
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

sub

Postby ridetopless83 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Buy the tube the sucb that is in there is almost garunteed to blow, especially with a new HU. I currently have my stock sub taken apart and have the magnet on a stick to pick up screws on the floor. Works great like that, but sucked as a sub.
ridetopless83
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:53 pm

take the radio out and put the old stock one back in!
(sorry had to say it! )

a bazooka is a quick fix, but might check to see if your
phase is good on all the speakers, maybe there is some
cancellation which can cause no bass
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm assuming that because you speak of a "stock sub", that your solara is a convertible...please correct me if that is incorrect.

As stated above, check all the connections made at the deck, and make sure none of the speaker connections are reversed. What I mean by that is to take a closer look at the speaker outputs on the deck. Make sure that positive goes to the positive side of the speaker, and negative to the negative side of the speaker. If even one of the speakers have a connection that is reversed....it'll make the whole system sound bad.

PS, no bazooka tube...its garbage.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:09 am

my 2 cents..
a bazooka is fine for anyone, unless they have golden ears.

they are cheap and easy to install and do the job for most
people...and just about anything is better than a stock sub.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5