[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Boosting the Strength of my Ipod?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Boosting the Strength of my Ipod?

Boosting the Strength of my Ipod?

Postby PlayaDelReyDave » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:22 am

I use a cassette adapter to listen to my ipod in my car but I have an ipod mini and the sound only emanates from two of the four speakers. Is there a way to boost the strength of the ipod output? I don't want to integrate the ipod into the stereo ('cause I don't want to give up listening to cds altogether). Thanks.
PlayaDelReyDave
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 am

look for an ipod adapter.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:43 am

Mole wrote:look for an ipod adapter.

x2

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA15TOY ... tml?tp=120

This is what I got. Works great for me.

LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby swindler » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:03 am

Is the sound only coming from the two left or the two right speakers? If so, the issue is your cassette adapter, as the magnetic head alignment is off and it's picking up only 'left' or 'right'.

You could get another cassette adapter, but the options listed above are a much better approach anyway.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible
swindler
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mazen222 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 am

there must be something wrong with your cassette adapter... make sure the pin is inserted all the way into your ipod
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Texas Tornado » Mon May 04, 2009 2:24 am

Try this little gadget from Walmart it works great and you can hear it on all speakers and it only cost $10 Bucks, it's called FM Transmitter works on 14 different freqs.

I can go out of the car in my garage and walk down my drive and still hear my ipod loud and clear on all speakers approx. 60' in distance from the car.

Here's the link, Scosche Model #FMT4R on pg. 64 http://www.scosche.com/pdf/09_iPod.pdf

BTW; I have the JBL Sound System 8-10 Speakers.

Hope it helps 8), I can't believe this works great and cost only $10, it's in the Automotive Section not Electronics.
2003 Solara SLE 3.0 V6 - Red
Very clean adding mods.

Mods: TRD Body Kit, Injen CAI, Optima Red Top, TRD RSB, TRD FSB, TRD Oil Cap.
Texas Tornado
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5