[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Changin Stereo. Help.
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Changin Stereo. Help.

Changin Stereo. Help.

Postby SocalSolara619 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 pm

I have a 2000 SE and i was trying to figure out if it was going to be easy to change out the Head Unit. My questions are, are all Solara Factory Amplified and if not how do you find out? If they are is it hard to swap the deck or is it expensive? What is everyone puting in there trunks for subs? Man i guess i have a lot of questions. Well i hope you guys can answer my questions and future ones also. Thanks people for your time.
SocalSolara619
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Thu May 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Not all Solaras have the amplified JBL systems. If they don't, then you don't need to worry about it.

Even if they do have the JBL system, you can still use a standard Toyota wiring harness to bypass the stock amp and run your aftermarket deck.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 00Solara09 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:37 am

Just replaced my head unit, and all speakers yesterday. I am working on my custom sub box today, hopefully I will have that ready in a few days.
00Solara09
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ampreston85 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm

If you have the dash kit, the install itself is hella easy. I mean, im not car savvy by anymeans, and i did it no problem. speakers are not much harder... although when you replace your H/U, you'll most likely lose the tweeters. So if you want those tweeters, you can pick up a pair of Alpine type r or type s ( if your not using an aftermarket amp) and that will work great. I just installed my type s components this weekend. Only real problem i had was that the stock hole/mounts for the tweeters is about a millimeter to small. shaved a little bit right quick and boom! problem solved! As for trunk bump, i would recommend Rockford Fosgate. Get 1 or 2 Punch 12" subs and you'll be good... Alpine has a great line of amps (v power series) as does rockford. im running a pioneer H/U with alpine type s components in the front, and infinity 6x9's in the back. nothing more needed really. here is a link to my thread that shows the pics of my brand new install. total time for install... bout 90 minutes.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=45147
ampreston85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Donnie » Wed May 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Easy swap. If you do have the JBL don't try and use the stock amp. From what I learned on SG the stock HU & Amp are digitally connected. If you try and use the stock amp any HU will whine with the motor at low volume. Learned that the hard way.
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedySolara » Wed May 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Donnie wrote:Easy swap. If you do have the JBL don't try and use the stock amp. From what I learned on SG the stock HU & Amp are digitally connected. If you try and use the stock amp any HU will whine with the motor at low volume. Learned that the hard way.

It would pretty funny to see someone duplicate the supercharger whine to make it sound like you have one
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Pogs » Thu May 28, 2009 3:32 am

^^^ I think they have something like that on ebay. Its an insert you put in your muffler
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Thu May 28, 2009 10:10 am

i think everyone has the headunit side answered. In regards to subs it is all a matter of how much bass you really want and what sound quality (SQ) you want. If you want SQ then 1 good sub is enough or two smaller subs. For more punch some people prefer 2 10" subs. For a deeper sound with less punch you could run 1 12". I prefer kicker as a brand since I have used them for a long time. You will also need an amp to power your sub and I would recommend alpine. Building a speaker system can be fun and addictive.

PS look into sound deadening
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5