[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Alright, components installed. Help wit tweeters!!!!!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Alright, components installed. Help wit tweeters!!!!!

Alright, components installed. Help wit tweeters!!!!!

Postby ampreston85 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Alright so i got my pioneer deck and alpine components installed yesterday. Heh the alpine tweeters actually needed a larger hole to fit well into the door stock mounts... had to shave just a little there. But issue im having now, at louder volumes im noticing when bass hits, the tweeters crackle. When you look at them, it looks like they are being over driven with bass. I had these exact speakers in my neon prior, and never noticed this issue. What could be causing this? My only two guesses are either the deck or speakers were wired incorrectly, or the built in cross over with the alpines are just not cuttin it. maybe a pair of cheap crossovers would do the trick? Help plz
ampreston85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby t3chnique » Sun May 24, 2009 3:24 pm

thIs actually happens with my stock speakers and tweeters.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BLACK V6 » Sun May 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Put some high-pass filters on them. That's my input but idk if it would solve your problem.
2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ampreston85 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Thats what i figured... turns out, the moron's that installed the components to begin with, left out the high pass filters! fags... lol. took the doors off and wired in some cheap ones. really did the trick. NO DISTORTION WHAT SO EVER NOW!
ampreston85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sun May 24, 2009 9:10 pm

If you have a set of Alpine components, then it should've come with their own crossovers. That crossover will connect to both the tweeter and woofer.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby redgen1 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:39 pm

nice man! lets see some pictures :)
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ampreston85 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:11 am