[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara tunable variovent subwoofer? Updated with photos!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Solara tunable variovent subwoofer? Updated with photos!

Solara tunable variovent subwoofer? Updated with photos!

Postby buckhenry » Fri May 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I got bored and wanted to know what this variovent subwoofer thing was all about. I have 2 but I only used one of my PPI Pro 10 subs. Check out the photos and tell me what you think. I did it on the cheap with parts from HD. I wanted to be green and save on shipping. :roll:

It took me about 15 minutes, call it a hack job if you want but I didn't want to put too much time into not knowing the outcome.

Oh I forgot the best part you could put more vent stuffing in the port if it doesn't sound right hence, tunable.

The sub is powered by a Phoenix Gold ZX500/ 600w into 4 or 2 ohms. I'll probably wind up putting both subs back in to get the extra db gain.

The sound

It appears right off the bat that the sound is more open. I also noticed the compression that I felt with the sealed enclosure is gone. It is definitely playing deeper with no sign of it hitting bottom. I say this after no official testing but just using some classical music (Stravinsky - Rite of Spring).

If you have a sub and a spare box laying around try building one it's worth a listen.

Next up Dual PPI Pro 10/2ohms with tunable vent?

THX for the help with the posting of photos.

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww27 ... =slideshow
Last edited by buckhenry on Sun May 31, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
buckhenry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ilovemylara » Fri May 29, 2009 6:31 pm

heres a tutorial on posting photos- http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=20688
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5