[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer P-3500 headunit, is it worth it?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer P-3500 headunit, is it worth it?

Pioneer P-3500 headunit, is it worth it?

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 pm

My uncle wrecked his 1987 toyota pickup the other day, and it was totalled. Before the wrecker came and got it I pulled out his pioneer p-3500 headunit. It seems pretty nice and I've read reviews, and not many negative comments on it. Do you guys think it would be worth swapping out My stock JBL 6cd package for this? Would it make any difference? I like my stock, BUT it isnt very loud when i want it to be lol, and its the only radio I've ever had in the car so i dont know if it sounds bad or not.

Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey that's my old headunit! I loved that thing. It worked great for me.

The question you have to ask yourself is, do you use the CD changer that much? I know I don't (at all). I'm all IPOD.
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby BLACK V6 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 pm

I was very impressed with my new headunit. After you mess with the EQ settings a bit it sounds much better. And I have a wal-mart headunit.
2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:18 pm

awesome, did it sound better than the stock one u had before?
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby D-money » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:23 pm

if you can do without the cd changer there is no other reason not to do it that thing will sound so much better even with the stock speakers believe me about 6 mos ago my changer quit working so i swaped it for a poineer premier hu and was very pleased
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm

alright I'll do it. Now comes the problem of bypassing the jbl amp lol.. I searched didnt find much as far as tutorials go :(
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm

Just use a normal Toyota wiring harness. Behind the deck, you'll have to do a little looking around, but you'll see the bypass harness.

That is where you separate the JBL amp from the stock speakers. From there, you plug your regular toyota harness in, and you'll be good to go.

I just recently put a kenwood USB/IPOD deck in to replace my JBL head unit. I liked the cd changer.....but i could never remember which cd's were in there....and I absolutely HATED that it adjusted the volume for me when i was driving.

Here is a pic of the Toyota harness i was talking about.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/produc ... 761-f.jpeg
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Cool. Walmart has some conectors and such like these in their audio section. thanks everyone
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5