[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Questions about my install
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Questions about my install

Questions about my install

Postby dkertis10 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Alright so I have a 2000 solara with the jbl system. I took out my pioneer 3000ib and mb quart speakers from my old dodge intrepid and I want to install them in the solara. I got the HU from crutchfield so they included all the wiring harnesses and dash kit for free to bypass the intrepids infinity amp. So I just wanted to know what exactly I need to install the HU into the solara, preferably a direct link to some complete harness and dash kits so I can bypass the jbl amp and not blow anything up. I'm also holding off on installing the mb quart speakers just in case the jbl amp would mess those up, but if I don't have to wait someone please let me know. Any help is appreciated, I tried looking for the same topic but the ones I found just confused me. Thanks in advance
dkertis10
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 pm

go ahead with the mb install. won't matter if you use the amp or not. heres a link to a amp bypass harness.

http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dkertis10 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:52 pm

So just go on ebay or somehwere and get the amp bypass harness and the 2 different pockets in the kits section and i'm good?
dkertis10
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:01 pm

yeah. you'll only need one pocket.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dkertis10 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:19 pm

alright thanks
dkertis10
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 00Solara09 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:19 am

If you got the wiring harness from crutchfield, they gave you two separate harnesses that you will splice into your new head unit harness, and those two plugs on the harnesses from crutchfield will plug into two harnesses that aren't being used behind your factory deck. That will bypass the JBL Amp.
00Solara09
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ilovemylara » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:28 am

^^ yup, I just replaced my headunit the other day and thats EXACTLY how i did it. Walmart also carries the bypass harnesses near the subwoofers and headunits in the automotive section, I got mine for like.. 6 bucks.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jimmm » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:08 am

I love your picture, Corlon. It always makes me smile. Jimmm
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5