[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Looking for input on potential setup.
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Looking for input on potential setup.

Looking for input on potential setup.

Postby cityofglass » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:50 am

Hello all,
I currently have installed an Alpine ida-100 and Love it. Now, I am looking to throw in new components in the front, a sub, and an amp. Because of my current employer, I am going to stick to products sold at Best Buy, because I can get products way less than anywhere else.
I was looking at the set of TS-D1720C for the front.
Then, potentially a SWR-1242D mounted inside of a custom fiberglass box I will manufacture.
I then get lost at amps. The speakers have an rms of 60w. The sub's is 500. Should I go with a four channel, use one channel for each of the front components and bridge the other two for the sub? Or should I just get a mono amp for the subs. I am NOT looking for boomy bass what so ever. I want very tight and clean bass just as an accent for my enjoyment, not my neighbor's. I was looking at a P400-4 for the four channel, or MRP-M500 for a mono.
Thanks for ANY input!!
2002 SLE Convertible
cityofglass
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby D-money » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm

for the tight bass you want a sealed box for sure.I have a pioneer premier hu 50w per channel and JL components in the door also 60 watt rms and they sound great with no amplification .as for my sub it is a 500 watt 12in shallow mount pioneer premier in a sealed box. right now i have a punch 400 4 channel bridged for that sub but im only able to use half the power of the amp due to it being a 4 channel bridged to 2 and im only runnung one sub.so as far as the amp if your only running one sub i think a mono amp would be much more useful. unless you want to blow some ear drums there is no need to amplify the door speakers .I do offer this advice for a cleaner softer sound go with a soft dome tweeter instead of a metal dome tweeter ive tried both and for quality sound the soft dome is much better. so there is my experience hope it helps you in your decision
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cityofglass » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 pm

I am most appreciative of your rapid response. Thanks for your input.
2002 SLE Convertible
cityofglass
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:59 pm

I would go with the two amps.

1. with a good signal, you will have much more headroom and a better sound with much more dynamics. An Mrp-F300 would be fine on both the pocketbook and great sound.

2. A type R needs some umph. for a sealed box to make it move. M500 may not be enough to make it bump enough... my thought is more power on the sub because I can adjust it down instead of cranking the gain and end up getting a distorted sound. this is from experince, I have a Type-r 1222D in a sealed enclosure with a PDX-1.1000

3. speakers are up to you, metal domes as stated above are tinny, while silk domes are more smooth. It really depends on your ears and what you like. go listen to a bunch not only at best buy but other dealers or such.

hope this helps!
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5