[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - JVC in dash dvd lcd went dark...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

JVC in dash dvd lcd went dark...

JVC in dash dvd lcd went dark...

Postby hskrsolara » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Hey guys,
So, the display on my double din JVC AVX706 dvd headunit suddenly quit working. In direct sunlight, I can see faint images on the screen, but when the cabin lights are dim you can't see anything. Makes me think that the backlight in the LCD screen died. I took it into Geek Squad, they couldn't fix it. Called JVC, they said they need $65 just to look at it, I would have to send it in, probably take a month to fix, and they would probably charge me for a whole new LCD screen ($500+!!!) What should I do? Anyone have a hookup to fix LCD's for in dash dvd players? The rest of the functions work great, but somehow the display is shot.

If it's a lost cause, I will probably be buying a Pioneer 4100DVD. This really sucks cause I don't even drive the car that much, but I really enjoy having the dvd capability. Any other recommendations for reasonably priced DVD in dash double din units?
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Everything still works though right? The LCD screen on my 04 accord went out (but it wasn't aftermarket). I took it to the shop and they said it wasn't the bulb, but rather the circuit board, which i had to get replaced. Electronics isn't my forte, so good luck!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Most lcd displays are backlight using a cold cathode tube (bulb, if you must) that is powered by an inverter, similar to that of our reverse glow gauges. You can easily repair that screen using this guide: http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/Back ... page4.aspx
It is relativly easy, as long as u have a soldering iron.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby hskrsolara » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 pm

well, I took it apart and found a L shaped tube. The inverter is hardwired into the circuit board. I think I'm screwed. Thanks for the help though, we gave it a try.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dawgz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 pm

hskrsolara wrote:well, I took it apart and found a L shaped tube. The inverter is hardwired into the circuit board. I think I'm screwed. Thanks for the help though, we gave it a try.

Can you get a pic of the tube and the board its on?
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby hskrsolara » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:08 pm

You have any ideas Vic?
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5