[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How do I wire?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

How do I wire?

How do I wire?

Postby black99 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Hey guys I have 2 JL Audio W3V2's which are 4 ohms. They are dual voice coil over subs. I have an Alpine MRP-M1000 amp. If wired correctly it will power the subs correctly per channel into 4 ohms at 600 watts x1. To do this would I need to run a series/parallel wiring? I believe its about halfway down the 58th page of the this site: http://www.bcae1.com/
99 SLE auto- Tein/Tokico combo- TRD RSB- 20% tint all around- 50% windshield- custom grill- Alpine 9857- Alpine Type R comp's- Type S 6x9's- Alpine MRP-M1000- 2 JL Audio 12W3v2- "blacked out"
black99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:15 pm

You have two options:
1. The subs are probably labeled 4ohm x2 and 8ohm and 2ohm. Wire them for 8ohms each and then parallel them together. So the coils on each sub are wired in series for 8ohms each and they are wired in parallel to each other to create a 4 ohm load on the amp.
2. Wire the subs for 2ohms each and wire them in series to each other to creat a 4 ohm load for the amp.

I would go with option 2 because it will require less wire. just make sure you wire the subs to each other in phase__always connect + to -

have fun
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5