[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2001 Solara SLE Conv : bad audio
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

2001 Solara SLE Conv : bad audio

2001 Solara SLE Conv : bad audio

Postby pankajsays » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Hello there,
I just bought a 2001 solara sle convertible few days back. the audio system is not good as I thought it would be. It is a JBL 6 CD changer.
can you please help me. I am novice in any kind of car maintenance. However I want to do the following:
1. Check the front speaker and tweeter if they are ok or not.
2. Check the rear speakers
3. I am not sure if this model has a woofer just behind the rear seat. I want to check that if it is there. If it is there, is that working?

Other thing i want to check is that if the music system has been tempered with like... amp changed or some like that...
is there any tutorial which I can refer. I tried searching, found a few good tutorials and guidelines...

any help would be greatly appreciated.
2001 SOLARA Convertible SLE [Current]
1998 Honda Accord LX [Previous]
pankajsays
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:30 pm

though it is debated, many members on here have found that most of the Toyota JBL sound systems dont sound very good. I know how your feeling, that it just "dosent sound right" but i have 2 solaras, one with the JBL and one without. the one without sounds much better than the JBL. It drove me crazy at first (the JBL), but with some changing of setting you can make it ok.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:30 pm

Welcome to SG! The JBL systems are pretty weak when compared to aftermarket. You can play with the fade and balance to isolate the speakers and determine if there is sound coming out individually.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby pankajsays » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:02 pm

i played with fade and balance.. the rear speakers do not give any sound output. the twitters on the driver side gives bad sound..

If I change the speakers only, will that help? I want to change the rear speakers and twitters.

can anyone know If there is a woofer in this car?
pankajsays
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BabyFaceFinster » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:17 pm

There is subwoofer behind the rear seat. they SUCK. Mine is blown again. Gonna upgrade the whole shebang shortly
One BAD-A$$ rare solara convertible!!!
BabyFaceFinster
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Welcome to SG.

I'll tell you right now...the JBL system is complete garbage. In my 01 convertible, it drove me absolutely nuts before I changed the whole system. Installing an aftermarket radio, and bypassing the stock amp will greatly improve the sound quality all on its own.

If you really want to get into it, then you can do what I did, and change everything....head unit, speakers (front and rear)...add a subwoofer and two amplifiers. I love the sound I get now. It's like a rolling concert when I cruise now.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pankajsays » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:00 pm

hey.. can you tell me what all stuff you put in new and what was the cost of the same. I am also planning to install new aftermarket radio.
at the same time existing JBL stuff is a good thing to play with.. what do you say.
pankajsays
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jetbtkng » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:31 am

check the oil, thats part of the maitenance too.................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5