[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Headunit!!!!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

New Headunit!!!!

New Headunit!!!!

Postby Bluesolaradude11 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Hey guys I just bought a new headunit to replace my OEM one.....I have a couple of questions.....First the new unit is a Pioneer AVH-4000DVD Reciever (here's a link 4 everyone 2 look at it at crutchfield) I bought from my friend thai who had it installed in his 2008 Scion TC....my questions are:

1. Is his wiring harness the same as mine since it's a toyota/Scion so i don't have 2 rewire it to fit mine?

2. Also it didn't come w/a mounting sleeve, do i really need it, it didn't come with his n he didn't have 2 use one

Link 2 CrutchField: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kCYg4Ecdfm ... 00DVD.html

Any help would b great

Thanks,

Nick
Bluesolaradude11
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 pm

1..yes you will probably need to rewire it

2....no you will use the factory brackets that screw into the side.

and fyi.. try the unit if you can, Pioneer stuff has always been overly complicated to the point of frustration... but thats just me~ gl
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:50 am

Moved.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Manny1337 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:17 pm

neck deck man. you will need to get a new wire harness from somewhere (walmart, bestbuy) but its very simple. and like ao said it bolts in to fac brackets
Manny1337
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5