[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can I get some advice???????`
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Can I get some advice???????`

Can I get some advice???????`

Postby REScales » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:35 pm

I own a 2000 Solara 4-cly with premium sound, I think. Notice the I think part, you see I have tweeters in the door pilars, 6.5" in the doors and 6x9's in the back. I have one blown 6x9 and I'm looking to replace those first. I've looked on ebay and found EVERYTHING from Pioneer TS-A6980R's for $62.00 to Inifinity Kappa's for $120.00. Can someone point me in the right direction as to a solid quality set of 6x9's that will work in my car without the needed installation of an amp. I plan on upgrading the stock stereo with a Pioneer DEH 6500 or 3500 and later plan on upgrading the component speakers in the doors. ANY and ALL advice on quality speakers is GREATLY welcomed here. I'm new, this is my first post and I appreciate your time. Thank you...........
REScales
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby prophesized » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:39 pm

get rid of the 6x9's all together and get a good component set for the front
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby REScales » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:16 pm

so then what do I use in lieu of the 6x9's?
REScales
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby REScales » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:22 pm

Also, is there a factory amp in EVERY Solara? I own an SE 4-cly with power everything, sunroof, ect...Have the component speakers in the doors, so does that mean I have the amp behind the glovebox?
REScales
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TadS » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:42 pm

If your doors have the JBL logo on them, I think you do have an amp. If not, there is technically an amp in the deck but it is not very strong. Try to get speakers that have a RMS within the range of the amplifier you have. The output of the JBL amp or deck has been discussed, I think. By the way, all Solaras have door component speakers :).
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby REScales » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:58 am

After I get a new head unit do I necessarily have to also purchase an amp if all I wanna do is replace the factory size speakers with upgrades of the same size?
REScales
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pro956 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:17 am

clarion srr6924 200watt 6X9 phaze 1 coax speakers
-200watts
condition: Brand new, retail box all parts and manuals
retail: $120 each
price: $50 shipped

pm me if intrested...
AIM: pro956
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby viper1400 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:11 pm

honestly, i dont recommend you getting the speakers before your new head unit. There are a couple of different ways that one should upgrade the sound quality in their car. I have an '00 SLE V6 with the JBL sound system...only recently did i change the head unit...even though i had installed a kick ass system. Right now i have 2 12" JL Audio subs, 2 Alpine Amps (1 500 watt amp for the inside and one 1500 watt amp for the subs) I have MB Quart 6x9s in the back, and Infinity Kappas in the front...now ill tell you that the sound was louder, a tad clearer, and the bass really hit...but most of that was due to the amplifiers. I really liked the factory look and thats why i never changed the head unit. Recently, my 6 disc changer broke for the second time, and this time it wasnt covered under warranty...i decided instead of spending 500 for the new deck, that i would buy an aftermarket deck from Alpine (the silver one that plays mp3's)...the true sound of my music finally came out...it was 100% better than it was before and i drive around just to listen to my music. My friend just installed the same deck on his stock civic system, and its the same thing...its all about the head unit...dont install speakers first, cuz they really dont make that much of a difference...i would invest that money into a nice head unit and when you want that extra nice sound quality, go get the speakers...
"I'll get it when i have the money..."
viper1400
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5