[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Trunk Rattle
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Trunk Rattle

Trunk Rattle

Postby wooshkie90 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 am

Im always driving around the city and hearing other people with their systems bumping from far away, but when I get close to their car, the bass is drowned out by the noise of the trunk rattling. So I did some kinda research, and noticed on a youtube video, some guy had some kind of extra layer on the inside of his trunk. My question is, are there any ways to stop thetrunk from rattling with a big bass system??

My main problem is the solara spoiler is always rattling.
wooshkie90
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 am

Dyno Mat is what most ppl line their trunk with.
Its sound reduction duct tape. :lol:

Im sure there is other brands but Dyno Mat is the most popular.
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Trunk Rattle

Postby 1gSE » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:59 am

wooshkie90 wrote:Im always driving around the city and hearing other people with their systems bumping from far away, but when I get close to their car, the bass is drowned out by the noise of the trunk rattling. So I did some kinda research, and noticed on a youtube video, some guy had some kind of extra layer on the inside of his trunk. My question is, are there any ways to stop thetrunk from rattling with a big bass system??

My main problem is the solara spoiler is always rattling.

take it off, put something in between it an the trunk....rubber or some kinda material. I bought some sh*t it walmart...kinda like cotton, and cut small pieces of it used that. You could probably even use double sided tape
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MisterTedster » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:33 pm

You'd might as well use dynomat, raamat, or edead. You'll stop the rattle AND get better bass response. Just be sure to use the butyl-based ones like those, rather than asphalt-based ones (peal & seal, fatmat, etc.).
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 pm

OK it's D-Y-N-A-M-A-T.
No 'O' in Dynamat.

I also would recommend using butyl based sound deadeners. The asphalt stuff is heavier and doesn't stick well. I haven't had good luck with regular Dynamat as far as adhesion.

I used camper tape under the spoiler to keep it from rattling. It's available at Lowe's and I have never had any problem with it. It's just foam tape, but it's kinda think and is designed to be used in the elements. It was like $6.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby MisterTedster » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 am

I just remembered a free way to stop trunk rattle.
When I first bought my 'lara used from who I now just figured out must be a solaraguy member, he actually used screws to basically attach the trunk floormat to the subwoofer box as a kind of sound deadener. No rattles in the trunk whatsoever.
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5