[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - thinking bout adding to the system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

thinking bout adding to the system

thinking bout adding to the system

Postby wooshkie90 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm

As you know, Ive been having problem after problem, but I finally have it working good and everything. Just had a quick question about adding to the setup. Even though my stuff is pretty cheap, I kinda want to get another 12 in there. Right now, I have a DHD NTX-6612 subwoofer on a Rockwood Xplore 840 watt amp. yeah i know its cheap >>I'm a douche<<. I just wanna know if this single amp will be enough to push two twelves. Im not looking for that window rattlin bass, but I want it to really hit.
wooshkie90
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MisterTedster » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Is that 840 peak or rms? Also, is that at 2 ohms or 4 ohms?
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wooshkie90 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:29 pm

I believe its 840 peak and 2 ohm stable, but 4ohm bridged, which is how i have it right now.
wooshkie90
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MisterTedster » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:31 pm

I suspect then that that amp will put out about 400 rms if you're lucky. If it can only handle 4 ohm bridged, then you're going to need 2 dual coil subs so you can wire each at 8 ohms and then wire those 2 subs in parallel to achieve 4 ohms.

edit: it appears that your sub can be wired at 8 ohms, so another one of those should be just fine.

edit2: sorry I didn't ask whether your amp was mono or 2-channel. I assume it's 2 channel since you said it can be bridged, in which case adding the second sub should be fine, but you're not gonna get a huge increase in decibals.
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5