[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer amp... cunfuzzled
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer amp... cunfuzzled

Pioneer amp... cunfuzzled

Postby Pogs » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:48 pm

I have a pioneer amplifier rated at 1800watts... Recently the subs cut out and came back on for a few minutes when I hit a bump. Other then that the subs stay off for no reason.

My first instinct was to check the wires.. Negative okay, power okay, and then there is the remote turn on wire. I took a little piece of wire and looped it from the power terminal to the remote turn on terminal. Boom, the amp kicks on and powers up sounding great. I figure okay lets run a new wire, because something is wrong here. I run a new remote turn on wire and I am back at square one, with the amp not coming on. I am confused so I change the orgin point of the wire to the cigarette lighters power cable. Nothing.... I know these two wires I have hooked up too have power flowing through them so why does my amp not turn on unless I loop a little wire from the power terminal on the amp to the remote turn on terminal. I know if all else fails I will run my remote turn on wire directly from the battery with a swich in between but that is just a hassel to me. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Try wiring it up the same way you did before, only use a relay to trigger the amp on.

Pin 85 will go to ground
Pin 86 will go to the "remote out" on the deck, or the cigarette lighter.

Pin 30 will go to the +12volt on the amp
Pin87 will go to the "remote turn on" of the amp

Pin 87a is not use.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Is the amp not turning on at all or is it going into protect mode?
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Pogs » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Okay, the amp is not going into protect mode. My amp has a power light and an illumination light. The power light comes on and the illumination light doesnt come on unless the remote turn on wire has power and then another wire with power is connected to the remote turn on terminal. I figured it was the amp but I tried another amp and the same problem is there. Nick I may just end up doing what you suggested but I am tring to understand how this problem came to be and then be able to solve the problem. FYI - for this particular amp, when it goes into protection mode all the lights go out. When it works fine the power light (red) comes on and the illumination light comes on (blue).
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:02 pm

sounds like a shorted voice coil in the sub?

disconnect the subs from the amp and use a multimeter
to check if its at the correct impedence.. 4/2/1 ohm? (depends
on how you wired it)

if its anything other than.. (blank) ohm, probably an open voice coil.
and time to look for new sub/s
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Some amps just demand more juice to turn them on, and although the deck is able to put up with the demand for a little while, it gets weak, and you end up with the problem that you're currently experiencing. The relay trick should do the job.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5