[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - how to replacing subwoofer on 02 SOlara convertible ?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

how to replacing subwoofer on 02 SOlara convertible ?

how to replacing subwoofer on 02 SOlara convertible ?

Postby erickperry » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:40 pm

This car has gone trough 2 subwoofers, does anyone know why?
erickperry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: how to replacing subwoofer on 02 SOlara convertible ?

Postby bbmatt » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 am

I have a 2001 Convertible with the same problem. I finally gave up and just disconnected the sub :(
bbmatt
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby erickperry » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:17 am

I have since bought a replacement subwoofer from my Toyota dealer and I was able to install it myself by taking out the back seats (bottom cushion first, then the back), but I had to remove the panel in the trunk to access the nuts for the back seat. Once that was done, the subwoofer was exposed and easy to replace. I saved my old subwoofer to see if I can find a local electronics repair facility to see if they can replace the cone of the subwoofer, but I haven't looked for one yet. It may be cheaper to do have it re-coned instead of replaced.
erickperry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:23 am

What's the size of the subwoofer? I actually know how to refoam speakers. But I would need to know the size so I can order in the correct size surround.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5