[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Factory JBL speakers with new HU and sub/amp
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Factory JBL speakers with new HU and sub/amp

Factory JBL speakers with new HU and sub/amp

Postby mpjp » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Hey guys if this has already been covered then my apologies but I have read several posts and have not seen this question posed. How much does the sound improve by just replacing the HU (Already purchased Pioneer DVD HU) and adding a small sub?? I was thinking about staying with JBL amp/sub since I am trying to keep everything the same besides the HU. I know this is an extremley subjective question but any input would be helpful. Thanks guys I am humbled by the knowledge base of the members here!!
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:10 pm

The headunit would be the first upgrade to improving the sound quality of any car. But it is very difficult to use the JBL amplifier with an aftermarket head unit. You would most likely just splice into the speaker wires of the car and connect it directly to the headunit, bypassing the stock JBL amp.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mpjp » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:24 pm

hey guys I finally found some info on this topic way back on page 32 haha..thanks for the input MisterTedster allways get my questions answered here you guys are awesome...peace
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby icefire3526 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:31 pm

can you post the link of where you found info on this topic? thanks
icefire3526
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5