[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Wires everywhere pls help lol
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Wires everywhere pls help lol

Wires everywhere pls help lol

Postby mpjp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:46 pm

hey y'all I am sitting in my living room trying to get my brain around these wires before I attempt to tear my dash apart to install this new HU myself. Some info:

HU = Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD
Bluetooth adaptor = Pioneer CD-BTB200
Scosche "81-UP TOYOTA" wiring connector

I am looking at the harness and it has 4 different big white plastic harness connectors.. At the risk of revealing how inept I am at doing this kind of stuff I have no idea where to start lol..cut me some slack Im a full time soldier with combat exp so "good with a trigger" and "not so good at car stereos" lol..any help here would be awesome
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

one more thing

Postby mpjp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:48 pm

I would like to run wires for expansion to small JBL amp and sub at a later date..(trying to keep it all JBL for resale value)..any suggestions??
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kenny6683 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:33 pm

you should go to walmart and pick up a harness for camry. then you can wire it up easier...thats what i did with my pioneer avic N2. Solara and camry have same wires
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 am

Forgive me it's late, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your question. However this may help
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2002-toyota ... lor-codes/
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mpjp » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Tedster thanks for the diagram. I had found that while doing research but thought since I am using the harness, I wouldnt need to refer to it??
- Kenny6683 so yur saying that I have the wrong harness?? They make one specifically for the Camry then or did I misunderstand.
Here is what they have on the website which neither one is what I have.
http://www.scosche.com/vehicle.search.r ... del=SOLARA

That really chaps my ass (sorry) b/c now I am reading that yes my model year is listed but in tiny print it says "not for use on JBL amplified systems" damn and I threw away the reciept
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kenny6683 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 pm

hope my intructions below help
Last edited by kenny6683 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kenny6683 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 pm

ok i have the same harness you mentioned above...out of the 4 connectors, only 2 will be used. basically these are the 2 that fit the plugs which go into your stock radio. Now one thing you must know...the wires on the harness may not match the colors in your cars wires, therefore do not refer to harness colors...match wires as follows

kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:23 am

im good with all these electronic things, and if you plan on keeping the car, harnesses are useless pieces of garbage! I just cut all the wires off the old head unit plug and test for constant power and ignition power with a meter. crimp the two wires together using highly conductive clamps and use shrink wrap over top, after that its trial and error for the speakers, but if you find a connector off the old unit with 8 to 10 wires, and some have smiliar colour to co-ordinate + and - thats probably the one, then just use the fader and balance and eliminate the speakers, eventually youll get it done, once all finished since i take pride in my work i, tape together side-by-side the 2 speaker wires and label them for future reference. good luck though man! :)
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mpjp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 pm

ok sorry Ive been off the net for the past few days and just got caught up..you guys are badass I am going to start this install this weekend and will post any future questions if I absolutley cant figure it out on my own..thanks again for all the input!!
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby supersoldier » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:25 am

MP where are your stationed im on Ft dix
supersoldier
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5