[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mounting GPS and Radar Detector
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Mounting GPS and Radar Detector

Postby Ruski » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 am

^ hes right, laser detection only goes of when you are directly getting hit. there is no way of stopping laser unless you have laser jammers which are illegal in most state .and if they see they have an error on their gun they will come after you. if you know their shooting laser in your work area then slow down. but even still if your traveling on the highway and people are slowing down your going to do the same but your radar will also tell you if your being hit. Radars are not made to stop you from getting ticketed. they are a warning method. So really if you have all these concerns and questions maybe you shouldn't invest in a 400 dollar radar. just slow down
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 am

2ksev6 wrote: and since a detector costs the same as a ticket, then why not?

lol dam how fast are you going????
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:50 pm

1gSE wrote:
2ksev6 wrote: and since a detector costs the same as a ticket, then why not?

lol dam how fast are you going????

depends no your area
ive gotten a 400$ ticket for doing 52 in a 40
but ive also gotten a 200$ for doing 87 in a 70

so yea it can cost the same lol
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 2ksev6 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:20 am

I'm not driving that fast, usually with the flow of traffic, often 5-10 over the limit on the highway. I drive below the limit where the local lidar cops are and have never gotten a ticket from them. Despite leaving early, I hit traffic one day and tried to make up for it to get to work on time. Ended up with a ticket for 80 in a 60 or 65 and it's going to end up costing $300-$400 after traffic school. Doing that again would not be cost effective.

Now I don't know what the highway guys were using, but the local cops use one of the pro laser models. So maybe I need something to slow down laser acquisition while I verify I'm at the limit in addition to a good detector.

Thanks for the input guys.
TRD shifter, TRD springs, KYB struts and rear strut mounts, Stillen Cross Drilled and Slotted Brakes and pads, Whiteline RSB, tint, and a decent stereo, 17x8 TSW Kyalami rims on Hankook tires
2ksev6
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5