[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Weak FM signal on new stereo...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Weak FM signal on new stereo...

Weak FM signal on new stereo...

Postby toytim » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Updated....

Hello, I just replaced my original single disc non JBL stereo in my 2000 Solara SE with a toyota 6 disc stereo from a 4 Runner and now I can hardly get any FM reception. Is it because the antenna is in my rear window and my original stereo had a built in FM booster? If so what can I do? Is there an external Toyota FM booster I can get or is there a good aftermarket one? Any help would be great.

:smilecolros: Thanks, Tim
Last edited by toytim on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a pair of Solara's!
toytim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Weak FM signal on new stereo...

Postby rjfoste09 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:26 pm

toytim wrote:Hi, I just installed a toyota 6 disc stereo in my Solara and now I can hardly get any FM reception. Is it because the antenna is in the rear window and my original stereo had a built in FM booster? If so what can I do?

Tim

Is this the JBL 6 disk? and does it work when playing a cd? The JBL 6 disk changer uses a external amplifier which i believe is behind the glove box.

2000 Solara SLE 1MZ v6 Auto.
rjfoste09
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby toytim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:58 am

The CD exchanger works and sounds great and I also get AM stations but the FM signal is very weak as compared to the single CD stock stereo I removed. It doesn't say JBL on the faceplate but it does have a separate amp.
Since the new head came from a truck with an external antenna I figure it needs an FM signal booster to work with my Solaras window antenna as the original stereo head probably had an internal signal booster from factory.

If anyone can confirm this it would be greatly appreciated, also I am looking on e-bay for a booster but am not sure what would work the best...any ideas?

Thanks for any info guys & gals.

Tim
toytim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby toytim » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 pm

I have found that the stereo head I purchased is not working as I replaced it with another stereo head I purchased that is the exact same for our convertible and it works great. So now I have to get the other one fixed.
Tim
toytim
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5