[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Factory Amp
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Factory Amp

Factory Amp

Postby rjfoste09 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Anyone the specs on the factory JBL amp? i have a 00 sle

2000 Solara SLE 1MZ v6 Auto.
rjfoste09
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 pm

If I remember correctly it was 200 watts. If you have a convertible, it's still 200 watts, but you get an 8-inch subwoofer too.

I wasn't impressed with the JBL setup, so i scrapped it. I think the most annoying part of that system was that it would turn the volume up and down on it's own depending on how fast I was driving...there was no way to turn that feature off. The in-dash 6-disc cd changer was cool though.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rjfoste09 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:03 pm

TLMNICK wrote:If I remember correctly it was 200 watts. If you have a convertible, it's still 200 watts, but you get an 8-inch subwoofer too.

I wasn't impressed with the JBL setup, so i scrapped it. I think the most annoying part of that system was that it would turn the volume up and down on it's own depending on how fast I was driving...there was no way to turn that feature off. The in-dash 6-disc cd changer was cool though.

i too have scraped the jbl head unit, i was just trying to see if it would benefit me to hook up the factory jbl amp with my double din dvd player, or if it would be useless.

2000 Solara SLE 1MZ v6 Auto.
rjfoste09
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

rjfoste09 wrote:
TLMNICK wrote:If I remember correctly it was 200 watts. If you have a convertible, it's still 200 watts, but you get an 8-inch subwoofer too.

i too have scraped the jbl head unit, i was just trying to see if it would benefit me to hook up the factory jbl amp with my double din dvd player, or if it would be useless.

Avoid it, not at all worth the trouble. You will get even worse sound than with the factory head unit.
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Donnie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 am

The stock amp is digitally matched to the stock HU from what I've heard. You get buzzing if hooked up yo an aftermarket HU. I need a stock amp though if you wanna let go of yours.
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 am

^ I have one if you need one
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5