[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DVD Install good info for you guys
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

DVD Install good info for you guys

DVD Install good info for you guys

Postby mpjp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:42 pm

OK First I want to thank everyone who helped me out with all my questions regarding my equipment and install. That being said here is what I found.
- You dont "have to" take the factory JBL amp out of the equation when doing an aftermarket install there is a special harness for our application which is a harness wihich incorporates RCAs which plug into the factory amp
- If you are looking for a DVD unit to play video while in motion (the unit I bought can turn just the screen off so you can listen or watch whatever) I reccomend using a relay instead of a switch so you dont have to manually engage all the time, the relay does it for you
- The system I picked out was relativly modest which was of my choosing but highly compliments the existing setup and really sounds awesome..here are some pics and I will field any and all questions if they will help you guys out
just wanted to share some of my lessons learned with the community and hope this helps somebody
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dawgz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Looks really good!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby mpjp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm

thanks man I appreciate it..Im sure there are dudes on here with alot more high end stuff but I was really looking for a cost effective setup that functioned and sounded better than stock but stopped well short of anything crazy..I have blutooth, and all digital sirius no more modulating which sounded like crap
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Looks good! Any plans to take your system any further?
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mpjp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 am

well for now whatever $$ i spend will be in the form of performance upgrades and wheels and tires..plus it sounds ok (for me) and im kinda past the whole "massive sound, eardrum bleeding" systems lol...I think i got what i was aiming for in the form of something with a little more punch than stock
mpjp
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5