[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone use the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT or Pioneer FH-P8000BT
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Anyone use the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT or Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Anyone use the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT or Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Postby Diamondse4 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 am

I am new to Solaraguy as well as my Solara. It is a 2000 Diamond White SE 4cyl in case the name doesn't give it away. I was originally looking at a
Pioneer FH-P8000BT, but saw that for about the same price I could get the AVIC unit and have color screen. I like that these pioneer stereos have rear use input for the ipod so I can leave my ipod in the car all the time tucked away out of sight. Just looking to see if anyone has used either of these stereos and can advise based on personal experiences.

Thanks a bunch!
Diamondse4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 am

If you don't need DVD and/or navigation, there are much better options for the money.

The reason for the similarity in price despite the AVIC having navigation, etc. is expandability. The AVIC unit only has 4 channels of output at 2.2V, whereas the Pioneer FH-P8000BT has 6 channels of output with 4V preouts. Higher volt preouts will lower your noise floor since you can turn the gains down on your amp. If you're planning to run off the head unit amplifier, don't. Just... don't.
Last edited by MisterTedster on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 am

I've heard good things about the AVIC-U310BT
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby Diamondse4 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah currently I have my sub amp but after finding an incredible deal on a matching 4 channel amp for my speakers I have been thinking about doing a dual amp set up one for speakers one for subs. I dont really need loud sound, but I want quality detailed sound. How bad is it to use the 4ch output of the AVIC run to a 4 ch amp then use the 2ch pre out from the first amp to run a line to the sub amp? these two stereos are considered because both can be had new for approximately $250 and they both offer what I consider to be a clean minimalist style that would blend with the rest of the car.
Diamondse4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 pm

^ You can do that, just make sure to turn on the low pass filter on your sub amp. The deal-breaker for me is the low preout voltage, though I may be more picky than others.

edit: On second thought, just run 1 pair of RCA's to your 4 ch amp, and then you can run active. Then just run the rear speakers to the head unit. The proper sound stage is one that comes from the front. There should be no sound from the rear, but since some people like rear fill, that what it could be used for. If properly set up, even the rear passengers will feel like they're surrounded by sound all around. That will leave the other pair of RCA's to run to your sub amp directly. That way, you can control your subwoofer output from your head unit.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Diamondse4 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks for the info i appreciate it i am still in the planing stage trying to decide what i am doing so i can get my cables and hardware ready so it can all be done at once. I am also thinking about speakers definitely for the back first since i dont want to remove the rear seat more than once. I read that for the front 6.5 polk db components fit in the factory location for tweeter and midrange. do you think the avic is worth it for the screen? i liked that it was basically the 8000 with a screen and BASIC gps. I thought the screen would be nicer for ipod control.
Diamondse4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5