[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - how to get to rear speaker/subwoofer?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

how to get to rear speaker/subwoofer?

how to get to rear speaker/subwoofer?

Postby rammingstone » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:30 pm

i just got a 2002 toyota solara convertable and it came with a blown speaker and its very annoying and i was also planning on putting in a better system but in the mean time i want to get to it to disconnect it so i wont have to deal with the crappy noise in the background. i dont know whether to go in through the trunk or through the back seat and how to get through it.any one can help? i would apreciate it.
rammingstone
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby stringbean » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:50 pm

the speaker wire connector should be visible through the trunk and should just be a clip. not 100% sure about the convert but ya other wise. super easy! hope this helps.
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby rammingstone » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:21 pm

i can see a little bit through the trunk but i didnt feel any clips to the speaker. i want to actually get to it and see the whole thing to take it out. i feel as though i could take out the back seat since it feels loose around the edges but it also feels screwed tight towards the middle of the seat.. i dont see any way getting in through the trunk. I dont want to force the seat to come off thinking it might break.
rammingstone
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby beanslicer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm

you actually have to take apart your whole rear interior to get at the rear speakers, that is, take off the seatbelts, handles, then panels, lower your back seat and take the rest of the panels out... youre better off only doing this once, so just disconnect the wire through the trunk and then when you get better speakers is when you should take apart your interior to replace them.
beanslicer
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 pm

^In the vert it is probably different.

You have to remove the entire rear half of the interior to get to the rear speakers on a coupe. Also you can't even see the plug from inside the trunk. They are on top of the rear shelf. The rear seat cushion snaps in place and should lift our fairly easily. The backs will have two bolts per side and they come out fairly easily as well.

If you could take pics for us so we can see what you are up against, I think I can help you out more.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5