[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - subwoofer
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

subwoofer

subwoofer

Postby kandaly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:17 am

Why does my subwoofer start soundin bad when I try to turn up it up from my headunit? I have a Pyramid 450w amp, a Pyramid crossover unit, Alpine headunit, and a 1200w 600rms Boss subwoofer. At low volumes it sounds real good and hits. But when i try to turn up the subwoofer setting or just volume on my headunit, it starts soundin bad and makin a poppin, crackling sound when it suppose to hit but sounds ok when just holding out a note. I know its not blown though. So what could be the problem?
Last edited by kandaly on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
kandaly
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:54 am

Underpowered?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:02 am

sounds like your gain is set too high on the amplifier.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chullen1 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 am

I would think that the true RMS of your amp is not enough to power the sub. I would also think that adding a capacitor will store some energy so that you can get clean hits when you have the bass going loud. I know for a fact that the Pyramid amp is probally closer to a 300w amp and not 450w. What ohm is your sub?
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:23 pm

A 450w amp is "450W" when at peak, and at prime conditions so thats basicly saying that its getting a true 14.4v at ALL times, so im thinking that rms wise its only like 200rms at 2ohms maybe im not to sure of the model you have.

other possiblitys
- if the amp has multiple fuses one could be burnt out, check that.
- gain on head unit up to high
- gain on amp set to high, turn to 50% or 75%
- your running to small of wire to the amp and when at high volume the amp is pulling power but not getting it, its probably dimming (small power light on amp)
so run bigger wires usually 2 or 4 gauge should be good for your setup.
also run maybe a 2 or 0 or -0 gauge wire from battery to alt this also helps power draw

let me know how it goes! pm if you have more questions
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:31 am

what kind of box is it in. what size fuse is in the amp?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5