[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How to remove door handle trim
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

How to remove door handle trim

How to remove door handle trim

Postby vSolara » Mon May 24, 2010 2:47 pm

Hello. I blew my factory door speakers out and I'm trying to get my door panel off the replace them. I followed crutchfield instructions, but I can't get the trim that goes around the handle/lock off. I keep prying and prying, and all I've managed to do is scrape up the side of the trim. Is there a trick to getting this off? Thanks!
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Tinted Windows, Pioneer DEH-2100IB, Pioneer Door Speakers, Custom DIN voltmeter/switchboard, interior accent LED strips
vSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: How to remove door handle trim

Postby mig0s » Mon May 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Hey, I've had this problem before. There's a little square in the middle, you have to pop it up and you'll see a screw. Once the screw is unscrewed, put a flat head screwdriver (tape it to prevent scratching) between the lock and the upper trim and pull the screw driver down, you'll pop up the trim a little bit. Then pop the lower part and you're done. Hope this helps.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: How to remove door handle trim

Postby vSolara » Fri May 28, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks a lot for the advice, I finally got it off! What a terrible design. That trim is going to stay off until I get the speakers next week.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Tinted Windows, Pioneer DEH-2100IB, Pioneer Door Speakers, Custom DIN voltmeter/switchboard, interior accent LED strips
vSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5