[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Clipping from subwoofer
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Clipping from subwoofer

Clipping from subwoofer

Postby vman5911 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:22 am

About a year ago, I installed a system into my car. I'm getting this heartbeat sound that I can't seem to shake. I've tried multiple grounds, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. I'm kind of thinking it might be the amp, but before I go and replace it, I was wondering if anyone else had some suggestions as to what might be causing this problem.

Thanks guys!
vman5911
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Clipping from subwoofer

Postby corlon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 pm

disconnect the rcas from the amp. is the noise gone? try a shorting plug as well. its an rca that plugs into the amp, but the signal and shield ( the 2 connectors ) are shorted ( connected ) together. is the noise gone?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby vman5911 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:44 pm

The noise does go away when I disconnect the rca jacks from the amp, or when I turn the headunit off. What do you think that means?
vman5911
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:08 pm

now you have to plug in a shorting plug to the rca input. you can use anything that will make the inside and outside rcas connections touch each other. if the noise is still there then its the amp, if its gone then its the headunit or your rcas.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cj145 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Is it a Pioneer head unit by chance?
cj145
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:02 pm

could be. lots of pioneer headunits have the same power plug. find someone who will let you plug it in and see if there a change.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5