[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - screw holes in sub box
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

screw holes in sub box

screw holes in sub box

Postby kronos98 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:14 pm

I've been testing out several different amps with my subs. I was planning on mounting them all on my back seat, but most of them were too big to fit, so I've been screwing them onto my sub box.

It is an MTX 3/4" MDF enclosure, so the walls are solid. However, I've been using some pretty long screws. I'm sure they went completely through to the other side.

So far, I haven't been noticing much of an effect from the holes. However...I'd like to ask for some of your advice at the risk of sounding extremely stupid: how stupid was it for me to screw through my sub box? Will that harm it later down the road? The subs are 10" 250W rms Infinity References. I don't really push them too hard, so when I put my hand over the holes, I don't feel any air coming out.

Is there a need to repair these holes? or can I just leave them there? They don't appear to be hurting anything.
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:55 pm

you should be ok
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kronos98 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:36 am

haha! thanks
kronos98