[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Quality of Amps
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Quality of Amps

Postby Gunman » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:59 pm

Luc wrote:I'm going to keep trying to get that amp opened up. But I'm not surprised that the sound may not be good, since all the manipulation of the bitstream, there are variations that will cause the signal to deteriorate. Thus, my preference is still towards potentiometers & switches. Ditto on the JL.

I agree, im afraid that eventually everything will go that way and ill be like the older audophiles, raving on how tube amps sound better, i will be on jl and so on. :roll:
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ZXLNT » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:43 pm

If ya want a good solid amplifier. Buy an American designed and built amp. Like and older PPI ART Series, or an Orion, or a Zapco or a Linear Power. The Japanese can build nice processors, headunits and such but dont have a clue when it comes to building brute strength power amplifiers. BTW the way the "UFO" series PPI's aren't bad. I have a pair of chrome PC2600's running my 2 Kicker L7's. They never ever shut off. They do get warm but they are fan cooled and have been very very reliable..
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:53 pm

ZXLNT wrote:If ya want a good solid amplifier. Buy an American designed and built amp. Like and older PPI ART Series, or an Orion, or a Zapco or a Linear Power. The Japanese can build nice processors, headunits and such but dont have a clue when it comes to building brute strength power amplifiers. BTW the way the "UFO" series PPI's aren't bad. I have a pair of chrome PC2600's running my 2 Kicker L7's. They never ever shut off. They do get warm but they are fan cooled and have been very very reliable..

Japan makes very good interior amps, its the sub amps, that lack punch, over there they like an overall even good quality sound, american amps, kick some heavy a$$. Depending on your taste either can deliver what your looking for.
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5