[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - need help
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

need help

need help

Postby grandslam741 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:48 pm

I want to upgrade the sound system. I have no idea what to put in but i want like a 10 inch sub but i dont know what will fit and what amp to get. Im 16 so i pretty much just want it to sound and look good. any suggestions?
grandslam741
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: need help

Postby austenbradley » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:25 pm

I got a 2001 Solara SE and I just installed 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch P2's and a 650 watt Powerbass amp. And before I had 3 12's, so a 10 or two will deffinetly fit. Also if you are going to put subwoofers in, you should deffinetly think about replacing your stock speakers already in the car. I replaced my door speakers and am working on replacing the two rear speakers. If you got any other questions I'm here to help.
austenbradley
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby v6ondubz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm

3 12"s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wowwww how did that work i have 2 square 12s and my box hits the 6x9's from the back deck and it tearing it up how big was ur box i wanted to do 3 12s
ImageImageImage
v6ondubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MisterTedster » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Lol take it easy on having 3 12's. More subs don't mean anything except that it's something different. How loud you get is dependent on more than just cone area. It depends on your box, installation, and dynamics of your vehicle. When it comes to audio, solaras are not a loud car, as opposed to say, a CRX. For the purposes of daily listening, a 10" will do just fine. I too, would suggest that you start thinking about different speakers and amplifiers because the stock system, including the premium JBL system, are just terrible. If you do decide to start a new install though, plan it out well, and ask for help, a lot of it. Browse the car audio forums and there's a lot to be learned.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby v6ondubz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:07 am

my subs already make my windshield wipers bounce so if i can fit one more id love to and my box takes up most of my trunk so i think i have the whole box aspect already.. also my whole car is dynamatted sooo that helps alot to stop rattling and make your car sound cleaner
ImageImageImage
v6ondubz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5