[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Clarion VRX935VD iPod Interface
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Clarion VRX935VD iPod Interface

Clarion VRX935VD iPod Interface

Postby Akfahad » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Question for you stereo experts....stopped by my local audio car place in town and asked if they had something that I could interface my iPod with using the aforementioned head-unit and brain. His answer was no, just wondering if you guys know of anything i could try besides the hit or miss FM transmitter you slap on the iPod?....thanks
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Clarion VRX935VD iPod Interface

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 pm

I have the Alpine iDA-X305S. So far it's pretty good. One thing I haven't quite figured out is how to make the steering wheel controls work so it goes to the next song. right now it goes to the next playlist.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Clarion VRX935VD iPod Interface

Postby SolaraPete » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I pulled up the manual and looks like only 1 option for you. The brain unit has a visual 1 input (rca audio+video) that would normally be used for a game system or other audio/video device. Youll need to pick up either an Ipod to RCA cable, or a Mini (3.5mm headphone plug) to RCA cable. You wont be able to control the Ipod from your head unit, but if you change the source on the head unit to visual 1, you'll at least have static/hiss free music.
I did a quick search on amazon, and either of those cables can be found for under $12. Be sure to get a long enough cable so it will reach from wherever the brain is installed, to a convenient place (cup holder?) for you to plug in and control the ipod.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5