[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Is it possible to run a loudspeaker
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Is it possible to run a loudspeaker

Is it possible to run a loudspeaker

Postby pahosky » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:20 am

Is it possible to run a loudspeaker from the sub output on a cd player? I want to play my music on a loudspeaker under my hood, but i don't want to have to run an amp. Is there enough wattage to play music loud straight from there or would i have to do something else?
pahosky
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Is it possible to run a loudspeaker

Postby MisterTedster » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Lol, please tell me this is a troll post. I don't mean to be rude, but if I'm not mistaken, most loudspeakers are 8 ohm which is not exactly an ideal resistance to be running. You could buy a couple and wire them in parallel and run it on a real amp, not your head unit. Most head units are about 17wrms per channel or so, the advertised 50 watts is max wattage which is meaningless. BTW, where would you mount these loud speakers? If you really wanted to fit it somewhere, buy a couple of horns and wire them down to 4 or 2 ohms and run it off an amp.

BTW, a sub output on a head unit is always RCA, so you need to run it to an amp. Secondly, sub outputs do not output full range, only low frequencies. So that's a no go.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5