[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - a/m stereo in 2000 solara jbl stystem
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

a/m stereo in 2000 solara jbl stystem

Re: Helpppppppppppppppp

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:26 am

Midias: In an ideal situation, yeah, harness. But what if his old head unit was stolen? I've seen clean break-ins where they take apart the dash appropriately and remove the harness from the radio nicely. I've seen really bad break ins where dash is damaged and wires cut. I'm going to assume his wires were cut for whatever reason. Keep reading and I'll tell you why I think he got robbed.

ineedasupercharger, you're gonna need to help us out a little so we can help you out. You mentioned brown and I'm not sure what brown you're referring to. So apologies, but let's start from the beginning.

Blue/yellow is +12volt constant, goes to the battery. Your unit turns on, so that's good
Gray is +12volt ignition, the unit turns on with key, and off without. Good
Black is ground. Unit turns on, you're good

So power is fine, right? You're only having issues with 1 speaker, so let's move into speakers.

Green + right front speaker
Blue - right front speaker

Pink + left front speaker
Purple - left front speaker

That's the one you can't find wires for, and that's the one that's not working. So you musta used those wires elsewhere. Find those wires and see where you connected them to, detach, and attach correctly.

Red + right rear speaker
White - right rear speaker

Black + left rear speaker. Note there are 2 black wires, use the right one.
Yellow - left rear speaker

After all that, you might have 2 extra wires for antenna. Report back if you do or don't.

You said there's a fat gray wire with metal inside, I'm guessing that's your antenna. You need a male connector for that, Radioshack might have it, or try an audio install store. This's why I think your old radio was stolen. I've seen some people mistakenly cut the stock harness, and even aftermarket people do it intentionally, but nobody ever cuts the antenna wire. So what's the story?

This PDF might help you http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.asp

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:06 am

ThurzNite wrote:Midias: In an ideal situation, yeah, harness. But what if his old head unit was stolen? I've seen clean break-ins where they take apart the dash appropriately and remove the harness from the radio nicely. I've seen really bad break ins where dash is damaged and wires cut. I'm going to assume his wires were cut for whatever reason. Keep reading and I'll tell you why I think he got robbed.

Dr J

My bad I thought he said he cut the old one out
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ineedasupercharger » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 am

k
Last edited by ineedasupercharger on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 pm

ineedasupercharger wrote:There is no Pink or Purle wires and this link will take you to a link of the old harness that got cut. (WIRE COLORS RIGHT TO LEFT) blue/yellow, grey, white/green, green, red, white, red, green, yellow, (thick) brown, the large grey one i keep talking about, blue, black, brownhttp://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff485/TYLERKNISK/?action=view&current=IMG_20110330_124056.jpg. (THERE IS NO PINK OR PURPLE WIRES!)

Do you have a JBL amp?
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ineedasupercharger » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Midias wrote:
ineedasupercharger wrote:There is no Pink or Purle wires and this link will take you to a link of the old harness that got cut. (WIRE COLORS RIGHT TO LEFT) blue/yellow, grey, white/green, green, red, white, red, green, yellow, (thick) brown, the large grey one i keep talking about, blue, black, brownhttp://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff485/TYLERKNISK/?action=view&current=IMG_20110330_124056.jpg. (THERE IS NO PINK OR PURPLE WIRES!)

Do you have a JBL amp?

im assuming i do because i have all jbl speakers and the old stereo was jbl and i have a 2000 sle wich i think has the jbl pakage
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Postby OkesonGTP » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 pm

ineedasupercharger wrote:im trying to install an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 solara with the jbl stystem and every stereo harness color guide says there should be a pink and purple wire but there is none! and it doesnt say anything about this long grey wire with silver metal wire (inside) instead of copper which exists in my stock harness! so if you can solve this problem please help!!

Where did you get your wire harness from? I also have a 2000 Solara and to upgrade my sterio i needed a new head unit with 3 RCA outputs(2 if your not interested in subs) and i got my wire harness from best buy, and it matched perfectly.
OkesonGTP
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 pm

^^ I knew it, fucck crap up already.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:16 pm

hey you're using the wrong plug there's 2 plugs, not one. when you pull out you stock radio look on the right and you'll see the two stacked white plugs, unplug them and use the two male plugs and you done. don't use the jbl amp it sucks, you're making it so hard on your self. Go buy a $10 adapter harness and its plug and play its all labeled for you to. heres some pics so you get a better picture. :bad-words: :bad-words:
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: a/m stereo in 2000 solara jbl stystem

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:21 am

Merged two of the three threads on this topic and added a subject.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5