[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - a/m stereo in 2000 solara jbl stystem
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

a/m stereo in 2000 solara jbl stystem

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Postby ineedasupercharger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:09 pm

im trying to install an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 solara with the jbl stystem and every stereo harness color guide says there should be a pink and purple wire but there is none! and it doesnt say anything about this long grey wire with silver metal wire (inside) instead of copper which exists in my stock harness! so if you can solve this problem please help!!
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

a/m stereo in 2000 solara jbl stystem

Postby ineedasupercharger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:09 pm

im trying to install an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 solara with the jbl stystem and every stereo harness color guide says there should be a pink and purple wire but there is none! and it doesnt say anything about this long grey wire with silver metal wire (inside) instead of copper which exists in my stock harness! so if you can solve this problem please help!!
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Helpppppppppppppppp

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Dude what is up with the duplicate threads.... ONE is Enough
:spam1: :spam2: :spam3:
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:18 pm

I'll let this thread be since its posted in the right area.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ineedasupercharger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:23 pm

i need help with this asap
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 pm

This is guesstimated advice. I shall not be held responsible for any damages due to erroneous wiring.

What brand of head unit do you have, and what brand of harness? That way we can pull up more specific info, but below are generic guesstimates.

http://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp

Purple should DEFINITELY be there; it's for the right rear speaker. Although one might be more of a light purple and one is darker. This kinda confused me the first time around since I was looking for something with a specifically matching hue.

There shouldn't be a pink, but there is a red one for the accessory/power line, but check carefully as THIS is the one that may determine if your head unit works or short-circuits/fry.

The gray should be for the right front set of speakers.

I'm not aware of any strictly copper wires (and I've done my car, 2 Toyotas and a Mazda), although that sounds like a grounding wire. Either find a black one or crimp it to a metallic part of the inside, but please DO NOT take my word for it.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 pm

That sucks DSM_Lara, cuz I replied in the other ones already. Can you merge the threads?
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 pm

ineedasupercharger, about that long grey silver wire... interesting description. Can you take a pic of the wires in question? I'm confused if we're talking about the wires from the new radio, or the wires from the car.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 pm

leave it to a pro, sounds like you might fuccck something up.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 pm

I wish but I'm not a Mod.... lol
One day my friend one day
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:01 am

ineedasupercharger wrote:i need help with this asap

man.... gtfoh.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ineedasupercharger » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:37 am

my wiring harness has no "Purple" or "Violet" wires only a White with green stripe, blue with yellow stripe, grey, brown, and red, thoughs wires are on the outside of a "Grey tube" and inside a "Grey tube" there is a black, yellow, green, blue, fat grey wire with SILVER METAL inside, a red, a white and brown wire. Ive hooked up the GROUND the IGNITION and the GROUND WIRES correctly but these speaker wires are just a pain in the a$$!
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:56 am

Are you using an adapter harness or cutting into the original?
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ineedasupercharger » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:59 am

i cut the old on now im rewiring it to my new harness but i have not shorted anything and i almost got it working at one point but i wasnt getting any sound out of my left speaker only static
ineedasupercharger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:12 am

ineedasupercharger wrote:i cut the old on now im rewiring it to my new harness but i have not shorted anything and i almost got it working at one point but i wasnt getting any sound out of my left speaker only static

Ouch personally I always spend the 15 bucks on an adapter that plugs into the factory harness then just solder the connector that came with the radio to that. Made the install in mine ultra easy. Esp because I had the JVC amp and the colors were all messed up.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5