[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Getting Subs HELP!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Getting Subs HELP!

Getting Subs HELP!

Postby KingKevin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2001 Solara. I want to put subs in it. I really dont know anything about audio stuff. What I do know is that I need a new headunit and amp and then the subs.

Can you guys help me find a decent setup for a real tight budget. Im not looking to spend more than $600. If thats not enough to get a decent system, what would you guys recommend I should get if i want to play my ipod in my car.

Thanks in advance
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Getting Subs HELP!

Postby blackedout » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

I would check on amazon to get good deals on that stuff. I got 2 12s and an amp in a set for 220 there (was worth at least 600 for exact same stuff at best buy) and I got my deck from a frien but they has good deals there on those too. Make sure the output is high on the deck. I upgraded from a 45 watt to 200 watt deck and makes a huge difference.

Hope this helps some!
2000 solara black, 18's custom paint, green HIDs, blacked out lights, 20% all around, 2 12" kenwoods
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Tue May 17, 2011 7:28 pm

You'd probably want to browse some car audio forums, caraudioclassifieds.org and diymobileaudio.com are good places to start. No offense to blackedout, but I would ignore the advice he just gave you.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KingKevin » Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 pm

ha dont worry about it I alread got them... i got 2 12" kenwoods with a 1800 peak watt amp (500 RMS) plus headunit and all the wiring for under $500
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5