[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New CD changer/Fix old one?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

New CD changer/Fix old one?

New CD changer/Fix old one?

Postby karennb135 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:29 am

My OEM CD changer gave me that Err 3 code a few months ago. After I replaced the battery in the car, the cd changer doesn't even show that there are any cd's in there. Point is my Cd's are stuck in there and the thing is really messed up.

I did the systems check on it, and this is what the display showed:

8e
H190
1-8d
1-60
2-8d
2-60
Do any of you know what these mean? Can I yank the thing out and fix it myself? From what I've been reading on here it seems I will probably need to buy a new one. I went to crutchfield and they don't have a 6 cd changer to fit my Solara. Can you guys refer me somewhere? Also is there a tutorial with photos on how to remove the old system and install a new one?

Thanks for the help.
2001 Toyota Solara SLE
karennb135
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New CD changer/Fix old one?

Postby 1gSE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Me personally....I'd get rid of cd changer and go for a stereo thats mp3 compatible.My sony is about 3 years old, but I can control my ipod with it and haven't had any problems. Crutchfield is good, but they're a little pricey. I'd find something there and then check woofersetc.com to see if its cheaper, which it almost always is and they ship quick.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5