[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need help with some wiring
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Need help with some wiring

Need help with some wiring

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey guys did a quick search and didnt find anything I needed so like the topic says I need some help... I just got an Eclipse AVN62D and I need to get tap into 2 wires not quite sure where to find them but its the Headlight switch and the speed pulse signal. In the very least i need to find the headlight wire so my GPS displays a black map instead of the white one. Location and color of the wire would be great.
5Speed 2000 SC V6 @ 4.5PSI
TRD Lip Kit : TRD Exhaust : TRD RSB : TRD SC : TSW REVO 17x8
CAI Extention : TWM Short Shifter : Injen Intake : DIY Black Housing : Renova Grille : ACT 6 Puck : Jim's Fuel Mod : Walbro 190 : JIC FSTB
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Need help with some wiring

Postby ThurzNite » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:32 am

You need a cheat sheet for alarm. Most alarm stores can print it out for you, or goto the12volt.com and find a DEI guy and send him a PM request.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/ala ... /2125.html
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2000-toyota ... g-diagram/

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 pm

speed pulse:

Violet/White wire located at the ECM behind glovebox. On the 4 cylinder models it is in the top plug. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the second plug from the top.

headlight:

red / yellow - In a 25 pin plug on the bottom left side of the fuse box.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to post up the color guide for the factory stero harness I found for future reference. Feel free to edit I'm just pasting what I found.

99-03 Toyota Solara Car Stereo Wire Color Codes
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Dark Green
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: White/Green
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White
CAI Extention : TWM Short Shifter : Injen Intake : DIY Black Housing : Renova Grille : ACT 6 Puck : Jim's Fuel Mod : Walbro 190 : JIC FSTB
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:07 pm

You cut the factory harness? Just curious, why didn't u get an adapter harness?, then just match wire colors because the colors are standardized.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 am

The aftermarket harness i got didnt have a connection for the Illumination wire so i soldered a paper clip to the HU wire and stuck it into the aftermarket slot that connected to the factory illumination wire. I needed to connect this because if not then my GPS map will stay white all day and night so now the light switch toggles a black map when the lights are on or a white map when the lights are off. Theres no speed pulse wire in the factory harness so i gotta tap into the wire by the ECU.
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5