[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Double Din Headunit Without a Mounting Kit?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Double Din Headunit Without a Mounting Kit?

Double Din Headunit Without a Mounting Kit?

Postby PaulR » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I have a 99 Solara SLE (with the JBL system). I installed a touchscreen flip out headunit, and the screen blocks the air vents. I have someone that will buy the headunit from me, so I am looking at getting a double din with the screen integral with the unit. Here is the link to the stereo I am looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P3200 ... 749&sr=8-7

Would this headunit fit without a mounting kit, or can I use my single din mounting kit I have with my current headunit? Also, if you guys wouldn't mind commenting on what you think of this headunit, that would be great.

Thanks!
PaulR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Double Din Headunit Without a Mounting Kit?

Postby PaulR » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:39 pm

For all of those that have this question in the future, the double din can fit fine without a mounting kit. You will need to use the "mounts" off the factory radio or aftermarket mounting plate (which is what I did).
PaulR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5