[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - phase shift
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

phase shift

phase shift

Postby Callen » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:28 am

First off, let me say that I just got my 12 incher installed, and boy does it pound... I got an Audiobahn Enclosure with a 400 watt RMS sub covered by a 400 watt Audiobahn Amp (A1801Q). I'm trying to tweak the thing around as to not kill it too easily, and was wondering what the phase shift exactly does? I understand the Low pass X-over, and the subsonic filtering along with gain control, and Bass Boost, but i'm not sure as to the difference between 0 and 180 degrees. Thanks for all post-posts, they're greatly appreciated.
2 JL 12w6's powered by
Hifonics BX1000D amp@ 1.5 ohms run off an
Alpine CDA-9833

soon to be
CDT EF61CFi/25 6.5" components.
Callen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Luc » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:19 pm

Phase shift is adjusting the signal tone from the amp, so that the subwoofer beat will be "in phase" with the car speakers. It's like time correction, but less complexity. Of course, you can always adjust the tone to be out-of-phase, but that won't sound too good.
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5