[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Door External Crossovers
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Door External Crossovers

Door External Crossovers

Postby Lucaj154 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:29 pm

i am replacing the component speakers in my doors and it comes with the external crossover. while trying to hook up the tweeters and mid-driver, i failed to find a place to run them to the cross over, because the speaker wires already ran seperately. should i be just fine to leave them connected to the headunit, or is there an easy access maybe a stock crossover. i could not find the answer in the forums, so if anyone could please post an answer or give me suggestions, that would be most helpful
Lucaj154
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Door External Crossovers

Postby MisterTedster » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 pm

So let me get this straight... you want to wire aftermarket speakers directly to the factory leads which run from the factory amp? Do you have the JBL system or regular?
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Lucaj154 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah for now. But later I am going to replace the stock head unit and bypass the factory amp at a later date though. I just an not sure whether to run my own speaker wire directly from the head unit, or use the factory speaker-leads which are separating my highs and lows as of now
Lucaj154
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MisterTedster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:35 pm

I would wait to replace the entire system. When you're ready to do a complete install, then get going.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5