[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 02 solara headunit into 97 camry??
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

02 solara headunit into 97 camry??

02 solara headunit into 97 camry??

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:21 pm

is there any way i can make this work? its a jbl headunit (i believe fujitsu from another thread i found) and i'm tryin to put it into a 97 camry. the camry currently has a stock delphi cassette headunit. i tried to just swap them but the plugs do not match up so i know that won't work. is there any way of making this work by perhaps cutting wires? If it is possible would a local shop be able to do this for me?

thank you
-michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby prophesized » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:05 pm

nah you dont need a local shop it should be easy to do on your own. im gonna assume the camry head is a single din, correct? is yours a single or double din? is there a plug coming out of the jbl head or does it have a spot to plug a plug into?
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:19 pm

In order to use the JBL from the Solara to the Camry, you will need to take the OEM amp behind the glovebox and all the wiring to/from headunit to/from amp out and route that in the Camry. That is the only way it will work. If you cut wires, don't even bother to install the headunit, since it will not work. The Solara headunit is only a preamp deck whereas the Camry has a built-in amp in the DIN-size headunit.

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:19 am

thank you very much. i appreciate the help. i jus read this over on camryclub.org since i doubled posted only because i was in an extreme hurry to find an answer. either way thank you very much.

-michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5