[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone using an iPod w/FM modulator?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Anyone using an iPod w/FM modulator?

Anyone using an iPod w/FM modulator?

Postby fotodad » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:11 pm

I was told by a friend that the new iPods can be used in the car via an FM modulator. Apparently you buy a cigarette lighter adapter which doubles as the FM modualtor...something similar to what is being offered in the New Beetles.

Anyone out there know something about this?[/b]
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:58 pm

fotodad, yes, your friend is correct. It's called the DLO TransPod FM and it's a nice setup. I have to laugh cause as I type, I'm sitting here listening to my 4 year old Nomad II MP3 player. Time for an upgrade I think...

Basically the adapter has a built-in FM transmitter. You find an unused station on your car's FM tuner, then tune the iPod to that frequency. Look here for details:

http://www.devdepot.com/description.html?PCODE=ANLTRANS
-JoeB
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby fotodad » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:05 pm

JoeB wrote:fotodad, yes, your friend is correct. It's called the DLO TransPod FM and it's a nice setup. I have to laugh cause as I type, I'm sitting here listening to my 4 year old Nomad II MP3 player. Time for an upgrade I think...

Basically the adapter has a built-in FM transmitter. You find an unused station on your car's FM tuner, then tune the iPod to that frequency. Look here for details:

http://www.devdepot.com/description.html?PCODE=ANLTRANS
-JoeB

Joe,

Thanks for the web link! I checked it out, and, unfortunately, that adapter will not work on my iPod. I wish it would! That thing looked cool!

Thanks for the info!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:16 pm

u can order one from the apple site. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... 3.15.5.9.0 it plugs into your ipod and you tune ur fm radio to whatever the transmitter says and you can listen from ur car. i just got my ipod a couple days ago, now im shopping for accessories, im not sure if i wanna invest in this yet, since i have a mp3cd player in my car already. which ipod do u have? i got the 3g 10gb :D

ps. i better not hear anyone talk crap about apple. i dont care what anyone says, apple rocks. i just got my powerbook too, its awesome.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:17 pm

just checked ebay, lotta ppl are selling them. search Belkin TuneCast . i recommend shopping for ipod accessories on ebay. apple will rip you off.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby fotodad » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:37 pm

Peter wrote:u can order one from the apple site. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... 3.15.5.9.0 it plugs into your ipod and you tune ur fm radio to whatever the transmitter says and you can listen from ur car. i just got my ipod a couple days ago, now im shopping for accessories, im not sure if i wanna invest in this yet, since i have a mp3cd player in my car already. which ipod do u have? i got the 3g 10gb :D

ps. i better not hear anyone talk shoot about apple. i dont care what anyone says, apple rocks. i just got my powerbook too, its awesome.

I've got the middle version (20gig). Yes, Apple Rocks!

Thanks for the help!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Luc » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:46 pm

Another method is to buy an adapter that converts the CD changer port on the back of the headunit to an AUX (RCA's) input. But you'll probably need a 1/4" stereo to RCA-pair adapter also for the iPod.
1998 S/C'd 1MZ-FE A/T
Luc
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5