[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone install a DVD player for the back seat?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Anyone install a DVD player for the back seat?

Anyone install a DVD player for the back seat?

Postby fotodad » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:21 pm

I've got three kids who I often cart around town in the Solara. Has anyone installed a DVD player by the center console for people in the back seat to watch? If so, please describe. If you haven't done this but know of some good after market DVD players, please offer some suggestions.

Thanks from me and my kids!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:44 pm

i have the pioneer avh something.. and dual monitors set up in the headrests.

pm me if you need more info. my car is on cardomain, you can look up what model pioneer i have on there.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby slingshot » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:58 pm

I've seen some real cheap prices on handheld portable DVD players on Home shopping network. Don't recall the name but you can probably look them up at the website. Or do a search for ones elsewhere like http://www.portabledvdstore.com.

If you want this type of DVD player, make sure it has enough battery power or can run off the car power. Prices have dropped quite a bit on these players.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Anyone install a DVD player for the back seat?

Postby slingshot » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:01 pm

fotodad wrote:I've got three kids who I often cart around town in the Solara.

Surprised you got a two door car to cart around three kids often. No problem getting them in and out of the back seat? Use the passenger side only for that? I wish this car had memory seats to make it easier when moving the seats forward!
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby HKSV6SLE » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:20 pm

i know there are companies out there who make universal headrests with the LCd screens built in and the wiring runns through the posts so they are hidden...that would probably be the best way...or just get the one that you can put on the armrest and plug into your cig lighter.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5