[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help a Homie out!!!!
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Help a Homie out!!!!

Postby nkx1 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:46 am

Does your head unit have an on/off setting for the sub rca out? Could be that, or maybe the rca outs on your head unit went out or something. To test this, might wanna try using a volt meter or something to see if there is a signal from the rca's. Or you could hook the sub rca's up to your 4-channel mid/high amp (if you have one) to see if there is a signal. That's the only thing I can think of. Good Luck!
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:28 pm

hey milt turn on your head lights when you have your system on try that out mine is somehow set up to turn off when the lights are off
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:57 pm

miltdoggie wrote:Okay does anyone know how to work a volt meter on the rca outputs????

yea i do... Milt im coming out your way on saturday... ill stop by and take a look.... But i got work on saturday from like 3 to 6...

let me know if your free from 12 to 2 or something..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Mudd » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:34 pm

Well, it's obviously not the remote on, or the amp wouldn't turn on at all (no light of any kind). My guess? You blew a sub (which caused the amp to go into protect, but that would cause the light to turn on usually). Or you blew a channel out on the amp (that's my vote). Make sure it wasn't something stupid, like a wire came loose on the box.

If you have a digital multimeter, you can check to see if the subs are putting out their proper impedance (ohm load).
Mudd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Callen » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:36 am

miltdoggie wrote:fixed it a week ago, it was the amp

what was the problem specifically? I have a similar problem,,, However, when I put my friend's 10 in, i got a little response.
2 JL 12w6's powered by
Hifonics BX1000D amp@ 1.5 ohms run off an
Alpine CDA-9833

soon to be
CDT EF61CFi/25 6.5" components.
Callen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5